Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Message from the Parents: SHC - Selfless Service, Heart, and Character

MESSAGE ON BEHALF OF THE PARENTS
DURING THE CLINICAL GRADUATION OF SACRED HEART COLLEGE 
BSN BATCH 2017


Greetings…
First, allow me to convey my sincerest appreciation for giving me this great privilege to deliver a message on behalf of the parents. I believe that every parent has significant and special message to tell to their graduating son or daughter. I just do hope that I can rightfully represent and give justice to the messages that we all want to express.
For you to easily remember my message for today, I will be using 2 acronyms.
The first acronym that I am going to use is something that you are all familiar with, that acronym is SHC, basically the acronym for your beloved school, the Sacred Heart College. But for today, may I have the pleasure of borrowing this acronym to encapsulate my message, advice, guidance, and pointers that might serve as your compass as you begin another journey in life.
The first letter is S, for Selfless Service or Service above self. Serving selflessly is the true essence of our existence in whatever capacity or profession we are in, especially you as a nurse and me as a soldier. Doing something for our organization, for the community, or for someone not just for money, without expecting for any recognition, an award and a reward is what we call selfless service or service above self.
For the second letter which is H, I will not change the original meaning which is Heart. Heart means courage, love, passion, and compassion. The heart represents courage, not necessarily physical courage, but the moral courage to do the right things and do things right. Heart significantly means love, our unconditional love for others. Heart also symbolizes passion, the willingness to perform and accomplish our duties and responsibilities with all our heart, in tagalog “MAY MALASAKIT”. Heart also notably means compassion for people who are in need of our help and support.
The third and last letter is C, for Character. Character is the best attribute of a person. Character means noble intention in everything that we do. If we can consistently display good character amidst pressures, temptations, challenging situations, we are on the right track and direction. Knowledge and skills are significant factors to move forward and go up, but having a good character will propel us towards rewarding and remarkable success.
The second acronym is something that I am very much familiar with and maybe some of you are also familiar with. That acronym is PMA. PMA basically stands for Philippine Military Academy. For this afternoon, I will utilize PMA as an acronym for Positive Mental Attitude. Our mental capacity to think positive has an amazing power that can outdo our physical and emotional limitations.  Just like how I survived 4 years at PMA. I utilized the amazing power of Positive Mental Attitude. Whenever quitting crossed my minds due to unimaginable hardships of training at PMA, I think of beautiful memories, inspiring moments, happy days, and wonderful tomorrows. Whenever I am in difficult situations even until today, I travel using my mind to the beautiful places that I visited and to the remarkable moments of my existence. Our mind is amazingly powerful. The adage “What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve” is absolutely true. In your capacity as future nurse, you will be experiencing trying moments, and disappointing circumstances, but with the proper mindset of positive mental attitude, you will triumphantly hurdle all challenges not just in your noble profession but more importantly in life. 
Before I end, on a personal note, allow me to especially recognize important persons in my life. My wife NASH, a nurse, my eldest daughter, NYNA, a future nurse and YNNA, my youngest daughter, probably also a future nurse. They are my best examples of selfless service, heart, and character. They are the reasons why I have Positive Mental Attitude. They are my inspiration to always pursue to do the right things and to do things right. 
To the graduates, on behalf of the proud parents, Congratulations! Continue your journey in life by rendering Selfless Service, always doing things from the heart reinforced with good character. Always imbibe positive mental attitude.
To the SACRED HEART COLLEGE, especially to the faculty, thank you for molding our children into individuals ready to serve selflessly, with caring heart, and right character, well-prepared for the challenges in life and for paving the way for a hopeful and bright future because I believe that Sacred Heart College has deeply indoctrinated to the graduates all the virtues and values that I mentioned.


Again, thank you and wonderful afternoon to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment