Sunday, December 27, 2015

How to discover the largest Catholic Church in Beijing?

Today is my 3rd month in CHINA.  Although the temperature was freezing at negative 6 degree centigrade, I took advantage of the good air quality to once again explore the environs of BEIJING. My objective was to look for another Catholic Church in Beijing. I already found 2 Catholic Churches in the capital city. I previously visited the South Cathedral (the oldest Catholic Church in Beijing) in XUANWUMEN and the East Cathedral in WANGFUJING ST.

It was certainly a remarkable day since I finally found the 3rd Catholic Church in BEIJING, the NORTH CATHEDRAL after a thorough research on the internet.  It was a challenging journey to finally locate the church since there was no visible signage for the street leading to its location. It was even made more difficult because of the freezing temperature. But when I finally took a glimpse of its alluring facade, all the efforts and time devoted to locate it were all fully compensated. THANK YOU LORD for this WONDERFUL JOURNEY today. 

Although the Church was closed since it was already past noon when I came, it was still a great feeling to step on the ground of a BLESSED place. I just prayed infront of the Church thanking the Lord for the safe JOURNEY not only for today but in my entire life. I also asked for the continued guidance for the rest of my JOURNEY in order to serve others and to contribute to the WORLD in my own way.

According to my research, mass usually happens in the morning at 8am.

It is also called the XISHIKU CHURCH. It is located along XISHIKU st. at XICHENG DISTRICT at the heart of the capital city.
A remarkable Gothic Architectural style with elaborate grey marble facade, the NORTH CATHEDRAL or XISHIKU CHURCH is more than just a religious place. It is a great landmark and nice destination in BEIJING.
The refreshing path towards the NORTH CATHEDRAL adds to its magnificent aura.  





Closer look at the captivating design of the NORTH CATHEDRAL

This is also located within the compound of the NORTH CATHEDRAL

How to reach NORTH CATHEDRAL?


Take BEIJING SUBWAY LINE 4, get off at XISI Station and exit at D, walk south along XISI NANLU, then turn left at XIAMEN DAJIE. Then walk walk straight, cross XIHUANGCHENGGEN BEIJIE.

visible signage of XIHUANGCHENGGEN BEIJIE.

This is a visible landmark that will lead you to the street directly hitting the NORTH CATHEDRAL. The street is the XISHIKU DAJIE, but when I visited the place there is no signage. I had to use my "EXPLORER'S INSTINCT" to know that I was already in the right place. Turn left and walk straight.
visible landmark at the corner of the XIAMEN DAJIE and XISHIKU DAJIE. There is no signage for the street.
The GATE leading to the compound of the NORTH CATHEDRAL
There are also buses passing along the XISHIKU DAJIE. Take bus number 101, 103 or 109.

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE.
MAY GOD BLESS US ALWAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment