Friday, July 17, 2015

Santa Rosa City: Home of the Tallest Pylons in the Philippines

It was another long weekend. 

It means 3 days of exploration of the interesting places that I have not visited before. For the places that I already visited before, I come back to explore more...

Thanks to our Muslim brothers for this particular holiday. EID MUBARAK!!!

The long weekend was a very welcome break after another challenging weekdays. I emphasized challenging because we were in the processing stage for probable inclusion to the next batch of GENERAL STAFF COURSE (GSC). The GSC is the Professional Military Education (PME) which is a mandatory requirement for promotion to the rank of COLONEL and for higher positions. We had the Neuro-Psychiatric Examinations last Monday at the AFPMC NP section, had the Interview the following day at the same venue, then took the General English Test (GET) on Thursday at the AFPCGSC and attended to our primary duties and responsibilities in our respective offices. The 3 days traveling to and from the locations of the examinations were more made difficult because of the heavy traffic flow along EDSA and even at other alternate routes.

This particular journey started at the bus terminal of JAC Terminal at the corner of TAFT AVE. and GIL PUYAT AVE. at PASAY CITY. I boarded the bus bound for BALIBAGO, SANTA ROSA (LAGUNA). 

SANTA ROSA is known for the theme park ENCHANTED KINGDOM. But I would not be visiting the place since this particular visit would just be devoted at the town proper. I am planning to visit the theme park when I come back during the night time in the near future. SANTA ROSA is one of the 6 cities of LAGUNA. It is located between BINAN CITY and CABUYAO CITY.

After almost one hour travel time for 61 pesos at air-conditioned bus, I alighted at the JAC TERMINAL in BALIBAGO COMPLEX. I immediately look for a JEEP bound for SANTA ROSA BAYAN. After 15 minutes travel time for 8 pesos fare, I alighted infront of the city PLAZA. As usual, I first visited the church at the SANTA ROSA City proper.

at the SANTA ROSA DE LIMA church...


the front view of the church
nice significant reminder infront of the church
inside the church
the already blurred writings 
on the church marker
...on my way out of the church, the signage
at this stall caught my attention...
I told the old lady "SALAMAT PO SA HINDI PAGBEBENTA NG SIGARILYO, MASAMNG PRODUKTO PO YON."
She smiled, nodded and said "Ayaw ko talaga ng may naninigarilyo..

near the entrance of the church is the SANTA ROSA CITY MUSEUM and the OLD MUNICIPAL HALL before SANTA ROSA became a city 

Behind the monument of JOSE RIZAL are the tallest PYLONS in the PHILIPPINES at 18.3 meters each pylon.
...the spacious RIZAL PARK adjacent to the compound where the church is situated...the place needs improvement and considerable amount of good housekeeping...


I spotted this tarpaulin posted infront of the RIZAL PARK.  It was during the celebration of the end of Ramadan when I had that journey...
...SANTA ROSA celebrated its 11th CITYHOOD ANNIVERSARY exactly a week ago...
...within the RIZAL PARK is this signage
at the foot of a monument...
...a monument dedicated to the heroes of PHILIPPINE REVOLUTION, PHILIPPINE AMERICAN WAR and JAPANESE INVASION..
...then I went back to the street where the entrance of the church was situated to visit the old houses at Barangay Kanluran...
...then along the way, I spotted a place that I discovered during the research I conducted before going to SANTA ROSA, the LELONG UWENG HEALING CHAPEL where the miraculous image of LELONG UWENG can be found...

...based on the information that I gathered, the HEALING CHAPEL is usually full of devotees during FRIDAYS...
...inside the LELONG UWENG HEALING CHAPEL...
I prayed for our country, for my organization, for my loved ones, for my friends and for the humanity...and for my SAFE JOURNEY...
...a devotee intently praying before the image...
...the sight of BUKO is a delightful view for me on the way out of the small church...
...visited more old houses in the area...
...another old house...
...souvenir shot...
...the sight of the SANTA ROSA DE LIMA church from a distance as I walked back to where I started my short stroll...
...after a short walk, I reached the popular landmark at the SANTA ROSA City proper...the SANTA ROSA ARCH...
...after completing my visit at the city proper, I went back to the BALIBAGO COMPLEX but before proceeding to my next destination, I visited another church within the complex, 
the ST. PETER PARISH...
...the front view of the church...
..inside the ST. PETER PARISH at BALIBAGO COMPLEX...

After praying and thanking the Lord for another SAFE JOURNEY, I boarded another JEEPNEY heading for CALAMBA CITY purposely to explore the interesting places including the APLAYA. Then afterwards, I would be proceeding to ISDAAN at CALAUAN, another town of LAGUNA. Then planned to proceed at CALAUAN TOWN proper then to SAN PABLO CITY. 

But upon reaching CALAMBA CITY and after analyzing the prevalent situation, I was prompted to change my itinerary. Just like in life, there are factors and situations that influence us to change the implementation of our plans for reasons like priorities, efficiency, safety, latest developments, among others. 

I boarded a JEEP bound for TURBINA, a Barangay of CALAMBA CITY where buses bound for QUEZON PROVINCE, BATANGAS and DIFFERENT PARTS of BICOL are situated.

I boarded an air-conditioned bus bound for LUCENA CITY, the capital of QUEZON PROVINCE for another adventure trip.

It was another short but wonderful journey to SANTA ROSA CITY. I will surely come back to explore ENCHANTED KINGDOM, NUVALI and other places.  

No comments:

Post a Comment