Saturday, April 18, 2015

TERIMA KASIH INDONESIA



After visiting numerous places within the country during my short but memorable JOURNEY as a HELICOPTER PILOT, my heart and mind are now focused on discovering places around the world.

In 2014, I supposedly have the chance to visit INDONESIA when I applied for the UN Instructor Course. But after completing the interview, medical examinations and processing of clearances, I was relegated to another course but was held in MALAYSIA not INDONESIA.

I was able to explore some parts of MALAYSIA in 2014 for almost 3 weeks such as MELAKA, KUALA LUMPUR, PUTRAJAYA, SEREMBAN, and PORT DICKSON. During that short stint in MALAYSIA, I learned some BAHASA words like KELUAR, TANDAS, SELAMAT DATANG, TERIMA KASIH, JALAN, BUKIT, TOLONG, SELAMAT PAGI, SELAMAT MALAM, PUSAT among others. We have 2 classmates from INDONESIA, 15 from MALAYSIA, 3 from NEPAL, 3 from MONGOLIA, 4 from BANGLADESH, 1 from SRI LANKA, 1 from CAMBODIA and 1 from TONGA. Our instructors are from NORWAY, THAILAND and MALAYSIA. It was indeed a gargantuan international exposure to  varieties of CULTURES, TRADITIONS, BEHAVIORS and LANGUAGES including those from INDONESIA.


Together with classmates (UN Staff Officer Course) from SRI LANKA, INDONESIA and CAMBODIA during our tour to PUTRAJAYA CITY 
on April 26, 2014...


Together with another INDONESIAN classmate
during a dinner
It was not my first time to meet INDONESIAN people. When I became the ASSISTANT COMMANDANT of the AIR FORCE OFFICER SCHOOL in 2012, we have INDONESIAN students. One of them I personally accompanied during his tour to LAGUNA and TAGAYTAY CITY. 
together with our INDONESIAN student (SQUADRON OFFICER COURSE at AIR FORCE OFFICER SCHOOL)
during the tour to RIZAL SHRINE in CALAMBA CITY sometime in 2012

...during our tour to TAGAYTAY CITY
overlooking TAAL VOLCANO...
This year, when the written communication came to my office that there is a BAHASA LANGUAGE COURSE being offered by the INDONESIAN EMBASSY, I immediately signified to be included among the 5 slots provided for the PHILIPPINE AIR FORCE.

All my schooling whether local and abroad including the UNITED NATION STAFF OFFICER COURSE (UNSOC) in Malaysia and the MASTER IN MANAGEMENT (MM) at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) in Makati City were all products of my eagerness to apply for any course being offered to us. One of the privileges of being in the service is to be able to study and travel for free.

This year, I am given another chance of knowing more about INDONESIA and hopefully to visit BALI or JAKARTA in the near future...

Another JOURNEY started on one Saturday, April 18, 2015...

LESSON: 
PERSISTENCE IS ONE OF THE KEY ELEMENTS TO ATTAIN SUCCESS IN ANY ENDEAVOR.

The following pictures were taken during the opening ceremony of the BAHASA INDONESIA LANGUAGE COURSE...



dance number from INDONESIA


















No comments:

Post a Comment