Monday, November 23, 2015

Captivating Environs, Wandering Thoughts, Random Memories...

It has been repeatedly said that a "PICTURE paints a THOUSAND WORDS"... 

...........and usually PICTURE stirs MIXED EMOTIONS for many people...

          During the first 10-minute break for the morning class today, I looked outside and was amazed by the alluring environs especially the blue sky painted with white clouds. Then, I suddenly remembered many things and unforgettable moments not only about my own JOURNEY  but also an indelible mark in history. 

        I am actually presently attending a 10-month course in China. Whenever I am not preoccupied with classroom lectures, preparations for presentations, group works and other activities related to the course, my wandering thoughts usually travel back to the Philippines...just like today!

               Exactly 6 years ago today (November 23), I was designated as the Chief of the Human Resource Management Office at the Air Education and Training Command (AETC) of the Philippine Air Force. I was then a newly promoted MAJOR. It was the culmination of my long JOURNEY in personnel management after occupying several similar position.

Unfortunately down south in Mindanao at that very moment, a tragic accident happened. I am referring to the MAGUINDANAO MASSACRE. Until now, I don't think so that the victims already get the appropriate justice for that brutal crime.

The captivating view comprised of the blue sky, scattered clouds, and alluring trees inspired me to write this blog

The topic about GENERAL OF LAW essentially brought into my senses those happy and sad memories. JUSTICE must prevail. It is a very important element in PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, the LAW AND ORDER or DISCIPLINE. In the same manner, JUSTICE should be provided timely especially for gruesome crimes like that of MAGUINDANAO MASSACRE for the people of the nation to be assured that JUSTICE SYSTEM really works and that LAW ENFORCEMENT is being given due attention. With thousands of brilliant lawyers in the three branches of government, the question that keeps lingering in my mind since eternity is that; why our JUSTICE is very slow and entirely ineffective?

Another wonderful angle of the beauty of the environs as viewed from window of our classroom

Hopefully, one day when I look around I can say that I am safe to have a HAPPY and SUCCESSFUL  LIFE because we have an effective JUSTICE SYSTEM and at the same time we have proactive and responsive LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES. 

I hope to see the CLEAR SUNNY SKIES of JUSTICE SYSTEM and PEOPLE appointed or elected to positions who are not only capable, brilliant, and passionate in the performance of their duties and responsibilities but also MEN WITH UNQUESTIONABLE INTEGRITY!!! 

We should not ELECT or APPOINT people to positions because they are our RELATIVES, FRIENDS and COMRADES. Electing and appointing people should be based on CAPABILITY, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCES, and MOST OF ALL, INTEGRITY!


I AM PRAYING 
FOR A PROGRESSIVE 
PHILIPPINES IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment