Saturday, November 28, 2015

Melting of the Snow: Freezing Environment

It was more than a week ago when I experienced for the first time the snowfall. It was an exciting and remarkable moment for me. An unforgettable one indeed. Coming from a tropical country like the Philippines, it was a rare privilege to witness such kind of phenomenon.
For several days, the snowfall continuously filling the leaves and branches of the trees and plants, the roofs, and the ground with considerable amount of snow.
Today, the snowfall has finally stopped. I decided to explore the outside world after a week without any exposure. We were very lucky because the dorm, the dining hall and the classroom are housed in just one building. We can survive without even bothering to go outside provided that we have all the basic supplies with us. Since it was Saturday and I needed to buy some items for personal use and equipped with basic winter gears, I went out to once again explore. The mall is just 15 minutes from the location of our college.
While walking, the majestic scenery along the way are irresistible not to pause for awhile, take pictures and savor the magical moment with snow.

The melting of the snow is a slow process mainly because of the relatively low temperature and the sun has not completely show up today. For the succeeding days, the sun is expected to shine to help in the faster melting of the snow.

I have to cross the footbridge to be able to go to the WANLIU MALL. Although I can use the subway train to reach the said mall, I preferred to walk for 15 minutes passing thru  park to burn some calories and to once again be acquainted with the outside world. Despite the freezing temperature at negative 4 degrees centigrade, there are still many people walking, jogging, and biking along the way. However, they are completely covered.

After crossing the footbridge, I entered the compound of the BAGOU MOUNTAIN WATER PARK to take the shortcut going to the WANLIU MALL.

Inside the park are the snow flakes scattered anywhere.

After almost 2 hours of once again experiencing the outside world, I went back to my room waiting to comfort my trembling body and soul after battling with the freezing outside temperature.

I will continuously explore and share with you the stories and the pictures along my JOURNEY in this new found paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment