Friday, November 20, 2015

Glimpse of Winter in BEIJING: Freezing Wonderful Memories!!!


I just arrived from a long stroll. The two hours exposure to the extremely freezing environs of BEIJING particularly in HAIDIAN DISTRICT occupied my Saturday afternoon and at the same time acquainted me to the feel of ZERO DEGREE temperature! 

Allow me to share with you the freezing wonderful moments reinforced by the actual pictures I took along the way including some information about the places that I visited.
This is inside the camp of the school where I am presently studying...alluring environment...
This is still inside the camp where I am staying and studying. One of the main roads..
This is already outside the camp. The freezing temperature can be best exemplified by the clothes of these individuals who are also strolling.
Refreshing environs...wide pathways...perfect to explore the remarkable environs of BEIJING...
This is the convenient way to the footbridge which also serves as passageways for bicycles and motorcycles
This is the footbridge, wide and free from any obstructions...
The view of the calm river and towering green trees while crossing the footbridge is remarkably captivating...
Along the road, there are helpful signages and directions including the nearest SUBWAY STATION...
I decided to ride the SUBWAY TRAIN going to the nearest mall not necessarily to save time but the freezing temperature is really unbearable for prolong exposure.
Safety is highly observed in the SUBWAY STATIONS. There are XRAY machines to check luggage just like entering an airport. Aside from convenience and efficiency, passengers are also highly protected due to reliable inspections being conducted prior to entry of all people to the train. There are also glass walls and doors that protect the passengers while waiting, while entering and alighting from the train.
After only one station, I alighted to visit the WORLD'S BIGGEST MALL...the GR SHOPPING MALL. This is the first mall that I visited in BEIJING. It was October 1 this year when I walked going outside the camp to discover this mall. It will only take 15 to 20 minutes walk from the camp going to this mall.
Inside the mall...located at the BASEMENT is the place for kids and some restaurants
There is really a need to be completely covered and protected from the freezing environment. Aside from wearing thick clothing, jacket or coat, there is  also a need to wear gloves and bonnet...

After 2 hours of exploration, I decided to go back to my room to attend to some class requirements and prepare for the succeeding activities.
Unfortunately, there is no SNOW today. Unlike yesterday when I experienced snowfall for the very first time...absolutely amazing moment for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment