Friday, February 20, 2015

LAGONOY

This is the farthest I can travel by land in Camarines Sur...

497 kilometers south of Manila...

at the municipality of LAGONOY...

LAGONOY is one of the 35 municipalities of CAMARINES SUR.
It is part of the PARTIDO or FOURTH DISTRICT...
Some part of my CHILDHOOD was spent in LAGONOY...

The name LAGONOY comes from a medicinal plant called "HAGONOY" which grew in the place abundantly.

LAGONOY is a secondclass municipality with total land area of 57,171 hectares composed of 38 Barangays.

LAGONOY is the number one supplier of "TIGER GRASS" to the WALIS TAMBO MAKERS, they have an annual event called "SAMHOD FESTIVAL"...
samhod is the bicol term for "WALIS TAMBO"...



 I visited this landmark from 2011 until 2013. I was not able to visit in 2014. Hopefully I can continue the tradition this year...


This BRIDGE is the link to the 497 kilometer mark...




The church in Lagonoy..

I am hoping to continue my JOURNEY to the beautiful destinations in LAGONOY soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment