Monday, December 14, 2015

MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR SALE IN CHINA


CHINA is considered the  "WORLD'S FACTORY". The massive production of various items pushed the country's economy to World's number 2 surpassing Japan. United States is still at the top. CHINA being the most populated country in the World with about 1.4 billion people has utilized it greatest assets towards economic prosperity. With this condition, it is really amazing to know that there are still products being sold in CHINA which are from other countries especially from the Philippines.

While exploring the different places in CHINA, included in my objective is to find something from the PHILIPPINES. Also hoping to meet some Filipinos here.

In my almost 3 months of stay in CHINA, there was only one instance where I met FILIPINOS. It was one Saturday afternoon when I visited the TEMPLE OF HEAVEN (tourist spot in BEIJING). While exploring the area, I heard two people talking in "TAGALOG", so I approached and talked with them for few minutes. I had learned that they are just tourists in CHINA to experience and enjoy winter season. It was a joy to meet someone from your place while in another part of the world. I just do hope that I can meet more "KABABAYAN" for the last 8 months of stay in CHINA. 

It was also one weekend while strolling and exploring some malls and supermarkets that I spotted something familiar. Something from our country.

1. DRIED MANGOES 
I already spotted 2 stores selling dried mangoes in BEIJING. The first store is the WATSON in SANLITUN street. The second one is the SUPERMARKET (they call it MARKETPLACE at the basement area) inside a mall connected to the FUCHENGMEN subway station.


I will be continuously taking pictures of Philippine products that are being sold in China. This is to guide FILIPINOS who are in CHINA and missing the PHILIPPINES so much, just like me, so that they can taste and experience our beloved country once again.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment