Saturday, August 15, 2015

Lucban: Home of Cafe San Luis

Another visit to one of my favorite places in Quezon Province, the municipality of LUCBAN. 

LUCBAN is the ART CAPITAL of QUEZON PROVINCE and the HOME of the COLORFUL and highly anticipated "PAHIYAS FESTIVAL"...



My visit for that day is specifically for a certain restaurant that is included in the TOP 10 YUMMY RESTAURANTS of a TV SHOW. I just want to discover why the place landed on the list.

I arrived at noon. Time for lunch. Perfect. It was Saturday. The place should be full.

But I was amazed, no single customer.

But I stayed. I was determined to find out about the food, the prices and the quality of service.

So I looked for my favorite dish, anything CHICKEN. I ordered CHICKEN ADOBO.

While waiting for my order, I continuously scan the surroundings. The venue of the restaurant is an open area with numerous old furniture, plants, creative curtains and colorful table cover.

The place is clean and orderly. Trash cans are provided in every corner. "NO SMOKING" signage is in place.


Finally, my order was delivered just after about 5 minutes.

As I stepped out of the restaurant, I think there are still things to discover about the restaurant. I have to visit again to try other food. I also want to see the quality of service if there are other customers around. During my entire stay in the restaurant for about 25 minutes, I was the only customer.

While on my way to my next destination, I discover another thing for LUCBAN. The town fiesta of LUCBAN is every August 19. Just like the PAHIYAS FESTIVAL that happens every May 15, there are a number of pre-activities for about a week. I still have to discover what actually happens during the d-day.


I was in LUCBAN for several times already but every time I visit the place, I always discover something new.

Looking forward for my next visit...and to discover more about the beautiful LUCBAN.

How about you? have you been to LUCBAN?

How to go to LUCBAN by public transport from MANILA?

There are many ways, but here the 2 most convenient ways:

OPTION 1. Ride a BUS bound for STA. CRUZ (LAGUNA) for about 120 pesos fare (aircon bus). Then from STA. CRUZ, ride a JEEP bound for LUCBAN. This is a shorter trip compared to OPTION 2. But the disadvantage is you will a have longer JEEPNEY trip (45 pesos fare). 

OPTION 2. Ride a BUS bound for LUCENA CITY (220 pesos from CUBAO or 180 pesos from ALABANG), alight at the diversion road in Lucena City. Then ride a JEEP bound for LUCBAN (30 pesos fare). 

How to reach LUCBAN by PRIVATE TRANSPORT from MANILA?

Drive to SLEX, then exit at CALAMBA. Reaching the CALAMBA CROSSING, turn right towards LOS BANOS and will pass by the town of BAY, part of CALAUAN, VICTORIA, PILA, STA. CRUZ, PAGSANJAN, CAVINTI, and LUISIANA. Then finally, the town of LUCBAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment