Saturday, August 8, 2015

Pagsanjan: Home of Special Halo-Halo since 1933 and the Bangkero Festival

The town of PAGSANJAN is best known for the refreshing and captivating PAGSANJAN FALLS. But there is a MIXTURE of other refreshing reasons to make "THE TOURISM CAPITAL OF LAGUNA" your next travel destination. 

One of the refreshing justifications for that visit to PAGSANJAN is the delicious "HALO-HALO" being served since 1933.

PAGSANJAN is about one and a half hours drive from MANILA or about 2 hours travel by public transportation. If by public transport, board a BUS bound for STA. CRUZ (capital town of LAGUNA). The JOURNEY will consumed the whole stretch of SLEX then made an exit at CALAMBA CITY then passed by the town of LOS BANOS, BAY, VICTORIA and PILA before reaching the town proper of STA. CRUZ. Alight at the BUS TERMINAL in STA. CRUZ, then avail of the JEEPNEY bound for PAGSANJAN or you can also board the JEEPNEY bound for SINILOAN, LUMBAN or LUCBAN, then alight at the town proper of PAGSANJAN.  The landmark that you are already in the TOWN PROPER is the PAGSANJAN TOWN ARCH.

As usual, I visited first the CATHOLIC CHURCH at the PAGSANJAN town proper. The church was closed. So I just offered a short prayer infront of the church, thanking the Almighty for arriving safe in PAGSANJAN and asking for guidance during my succeeding trips.

The marker of the PAGSANJAN CHURCH.

After visiting the place, the PAGSANJAN MUNICIPAL HALL can be viewed from the church.

The marker at the PAGSANJAN MUNICIPAL BUILDING.

After the short stroll at the town proper, I headed for my next destination, my main objective in PAGSANJAN. It was actually my third time in the town proper of PAGSANJAN. The first was in 2012 when we had a roadtrip intended for our INDONESIAN student. The second time was early this year. During that second visit that I was able to take a glimpse to my next destination during my travel towards LUCBAN (the first town in Quezon Province after LUISIANA) passing the town of CAVINTI and LUISIANA (both towns of LAGUNA). I promised myself that I would come back to taste the "HALO-HALO". It was located after the bridge crossing the PAGSANJAN RIVER.

The majestic view of the PAGSANJAN RIVER...refreshing, captivating, alluring!!!

Small boats are available for rent for about a thousand pesos per person to explore the river and the famous PAGSANJAN FALLS. I still have to try that boatride experience...in the near future...

After about 5 minutes walk, I could already see my refreshing destination for the day...

The signage that captured my attention while traveling from PAGSANJAN to CAVINTI severl months ago...



There were many customers when I entered the place maybe because it was weekend or it is just an ordinary occurrence...I ordered LONGGANISA (homemade, according to the menu list). After only about 10 minutes, orders arrived..

After consuming the meal set, I ordered for the reason why I was in that place. I tasted the SPECIAL HALO-HALO being served since 1933. My JOURNEY was certainly compensated by the refreshing treat. SPECIAL HALO-HALO for only 85 pesos...

The place has relaxing and cool ambiance...perfect complement for the almost century old special cool treat...


After completely satisfying my curiosity and hunger and compensating my long trip, I headed for another JOURNEY for the day. While I was walking back to the town proper, I spotted this billboard. BANGKERO FESTIVAL is being held during MARCH every year. I will include this FESTIVAL in my MASTER SCHEDULE for next year.

On my way out of the PAGSANJAN town proper, there are numerous establishments that attracted my attention which will be the reasons of my return to the place. The boat ride along the PAGSANJAN RIVER and to finally enjoy the view of the PAGSANJAN FALLS will be heavily marked in my CALENDAR of incoming activities.

How about you? Do you have something to share about PAGSANJAN? Please put them as comments below this blog. THANK YOU.
























No comments:

Post a Comment