Friday, March 6, 2015

Palo, Leyte: Home of the MacArthur Landing Memorial Park

This is a significant symbol of the indomitable spirits of the FILIPINOS that whatever challenges and unfortunate events in our life, we can still recover and say "I SHALL RETURN!"


Finally, I landed to this another historical landmark...
Another first for me...
Another exciting and unforgettable JOURNEY for me...
After visiting and taking some pictures at the SAN JUANICO BRIDGE, we proceeded to this place...


The MACARTHUR LANDING MEMORIAL is actually part of the municipality of PALO, which is just beside TACLOBAN CITY....















The devastation brought about by YOLANDA more than a year ago is still very much visible in the town of PALO especially when we were already heading back to the AIRPORT unfolding into our very eyes the damages in the houses and buildings.

I am thankful that despite that destructive TYPHOON, this significant landmark in PHILIPPINE HISTORY is still standing and holding its ground for a first timer like me to grasp and savor the essence of the structure.

"I SHALL RETURN" to this place...




No comments:

Post a Comment