Saturday, March 7, 2015

EXPLORING CEBU IN 2015

Images of windshield tour from Brig Gen BENITO N EBUEN AIR BASE in Lapu-lapu City to AYALA CENTER in Cebu City. The JOURNEY brought back the memories of my deployment, numerous visits and exploration of the province of CEBU in the late 1990's and the early 2000's.

I had the first glimpse of CEBU when I was deployed as a UH-1H helicopter pilot sometime in 1999. It was a very short stint because I was recalled back to the Headquarters 205th Tactical Helicopter Wing and being designated as the Assistant Wing Adjutant. 

But after only a year, my eventual designation as the Wing Adjutant brought me back to CEBU when the Headquarters 205th THW was transferred to the then MACTAN AIR BASE, now Brig Gen Benito Ebuen Air Base. It was more than 2 years of assignment that provided me the opportunity to explore the province especially the adjacent cities of LAPU-LAPU, MANDAUE, CEBU, and TALISAY and extending to other cities like DANAO and municipalities especially during weekends.

After my stint at the Office of the Wing Adjutant for a record of more than 3 years, I was reassigned to the 206th Tactical Helicopter Squadron in Zambaoanga City and tasted being deployed to the Southern Philippines including COTABATO, DAVAO, BASILAN, ZAMBONGA, MARAWI among others.

But after 6 months, I was assigned back to CEBU that time with the 208th Tactical Helicopter Squadron which is based in MACTAN AIR BASE.

After again 6 months, I was assigned at the Headquarters Philippine Air Force for 4 years, then reassigned at the Air Education and Training Command (AETC) in Fernando Air Base, Lipa City. It was when I was assigned at the Philippine Air Force Officer Candidate School (PAFOCS) as the Director for Operations and at the same time the Senior Tactical Officer (STO) when I was able to visit once again. It was when our students had their educational tour in Mactan sometime in 2009.

It was again this year, 2015, when I was assigned at the Office of the Air Force Adjutant as the Assistant Air Force Adjutant, that I have the chance to once again visit CEBU. It was when I was among the members of the inspectors for the PAF MODEL BASE and CG,PAF STREAMER AWARDS. 

Although there was a lot of improvement in the province, the places are almost the same. The numerous times that I was in CEBU were always both learning experience and memorable stint.
There are many things that I adore about CEBU. The food, the places and the remarkable moments of my assignments.


After almost an hour travel due to heavy traffic flow and reminiscing my memorable moments in CEBU, we finally reached our destination, the AYALA CENTER CEBU.

There was a lot of improvement and development for the place. It was a perfect haven of relaxation, shopping, dining and many more things to do in the "QUEEN CITY OF THE SOUTH."

Although I was not able to explore more and come back to the many exciting and interesting places that I visited before in CEBU because of our short stay and hectic schedule , it was still a memorable JOURNEY once again.

LOOKING FORWARD TO ALWAYS COME BACK TO THE PROVINCE OF CEBU...

No comments:

Post a Comment