Saturday, June 13, 2015

CAFE MEDITERRANEAN

I am always looking for something new.
 A new place to visit.
A new book to read. 
A new movie to watch. 
A new course to study.
A new subject to learn and write about.
A new restaurant to have my meal.

A worthwhile JOURNEY is one that is WELL-TRAVELED.
A JOURNEY worthy to be SHARED for others to experience the good things and to avoid the not so good things.

One Saturday lunch time, I was looking for a restaurant that I never tried before. It doesn't mean that I have much money to spend for meals. I just wanted to experience something new for the same cost since we have no option but to eat. I just want to maximize LIFE EXPERIENCES, new things for same expense. If there is any additional cost, it should be compensated by new things to learn and worthy to be shared.

The first time this restaurant came into my consciousness was in 2011 when I was attending the Master in Management at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM). Since this restaurant is inside GREENBELT 1 MALL, it is just less than 5 minutes walk from the AIM. 
It attracted my attention many times but I never tried because of the busy schedule of attending masters at AIM. I was aware that the time between ordering and serving will not be less than 15 minutes. 
Precious time that I could devote reading a number of pages for my voluminous case studies.

But during this particular Saturday lunch time in June of 2015 while waiting for the 2pm class at the Indonesian Embassy, I was finally tempted to try 
CAFE MEDITERRANEAN. 

According to THESAURUS, MEDITERRENEAN is the largest inland sea between EUROPE and AFRICA and ASIA. The countries which are considered MEDITERRANEAN are GIBRALTAR, SPAIN, FRANCE, MONACO, ITALY, MALTA, SLOVENIA, CROATIA, BOSNIA, ALBANIA, MONTENEGRO, GREECE, TURKEY, CYPRUS, SYRIA, LEBANON, ISREAL, EGYPT, LIBYA, TUNISIA, ALGREIA and MOROCCO.

MEDITERRANEAN DIET is a heart-healthy eating plan. It traditionally includes fruits, vegetables and grains.

The place has an old look including the table and chair.

AMBIANCE is relaxing as if you are at your own home

the complete look of the table and chairs

the MENU book

lemon juice at P95 per glass/serving

glimpse of the menu list and prices


savoring the ambiance while waiting for the food
to be served...

10 minutes after placing my order still waiting for the food to be served

finally, my order came after 20 minutes waiting time 
a closer look of my lunch
something chicken with rice and other side dishes for about 375 pesos


I was not able to take a picture of my plate after eating but about 1/4 of the food was left over...I think I will be leaner if the food that will be served every meal will be in a mediterranean way...maybe, I just love FILIPINO FOOD more especially those from Bicol like GINATAAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment