Wednesday, June 17, 2015

7 Habits of Highly Effective People

The best things in LIFE are FREE. I am truly blessed that I attended schools for my entire life until now for free. I am writing blogs simply to share knowledge, skills and experiences in return for those free education and as payback for all the blessings that I am continuously receiving. 

I am a product of the public school system for elementary and high school which are basically free. I entered college at the University of Nueva Caceres as a scholar. I was accepted as a PMA Cadet. PMA offers full government scholarship for 4 years. I was trained as a pilot for free at the Philippine Air Force Flying School (PAFFS). I took up my Master in Management at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) for free. I was able to take up schooling abroad (United Nation Staff Officer Course at Malaysian Peacekeeping Center) for free. I completed the BAHASA INDONESIA LANGUAGE COURSE at the INDONESIAN EMBASSY for free. I attended several other courses and seminars for free.

I just completed the Command and Staff Course in Beijing, China again for free...



For this blog, I will be sharing with you one of the seminar workshops that I attended in 2009 also for free. The 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE. If an individual will shoulder the cost of attendance to the seminar workshop for 3 days, it would be thousands of pesos just for seminar fee only.

The seminar workshop is an awakening for the attendees on how to efficiently and effectively manage time, effort, and resources.

The 7 HABITS according to STEPHEN R. COVEY are:

1. BE PROACTIVE.

2. BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND.
3. PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST.
4. THINK WIN-WIN.
5. SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD.
6. SYNERGIZE.
7. SHARPEN THE SAW.

Actually the 7 habits listed above are self-explanatory and easy to understand but during the 3 days seminar workshop, there are activities that made me realize that there are hidden powerful messages behind those simple yet comprehensive words.


If you are just resourceful and absolutely determined to look for ways to have quality education for free, there are numerous opportunities along our JOURNEY in LIFE. Opportunities just need to be discovered. You just have to apply the 7 habits of highly effective people in order to have more beautiful chances in life especially for FREE QUALITY EDUCATION:

1. BE PROACTIVE, not reactive. Do not wait for opportunities to knock at your door, find them! 

2. BEGIN with the end in mind. SET YOUR GOALS and ACCOMPLISH THE PREREQUISITES TO ACHIEVE THEM. 

3. PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST. Learn to prioritize important things.

4. THINK WIN-WIN. Learn to achieve mutual benefits.

5. SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND , THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD. Learn the power of EMPATHY.

6. SYNERGIZE. Learn to collaborate with others to maximize effort, time, and resources.

7. SHARPEN THE SAW. Regularly revisit things that need improvement. Continuously look for good ways to enhance the QUALITY of your LIFE.

I just do hope that I can fully apply these noble principles in my daily life consistently...

No comments:

Post a Comment