Saturday, June 6, 2015

DONUTS

DONUTS are among the top favorites for "PASALUBONG" especially for people going to their roots, HOMETOWN or BIRTHPLACE. 

At present, there are 3 kinds of DONUTS that are extremely popular and they are only available in Metro Manila and few cities outside the big city.

For this blog, I made a REVIEW. The review is just for fun. My own taste and appreciation for these extremely famous, absolutely enticing and certainly mouth-watering delicacies.

It was 2004 when GONUTS DONUTS attracted our senses. I will never forget the year because it was the time when I was taking up a LOGISTICS COURSE. It was one afternoon after class while we were exploring  THE FORT area, an unusual long queue caught our attention. When we looked closer, they were patiently waiting to avail the GONUTS DONUTS. It was 2011 when I came to know about KRISPY KREME. It was one of the CASE STUDIES during my schooling at AIM. It was only 2012 when I came to know about J.CO. A very long queue at MOA brought the brand to my consciousness. 

It is just interesting to note that PEOPLE will always go for what is popular. It was GONUTS DONUTS in 2004 and the succeeding years when people were going crazy to line. Then it was KRISPY KREME for the past few years. At present, most of the people are lining up for J.CO Donuts.

I am certain that for the succeeding years, another brand will come out and people will go crazy again willing to waste an hour or even more just to have another sweet  and something new to chew. Hopefully, it will be TONY'S DONUTS. LOL!!!

Going back to my review. I basically limited my criteria to PRICE, VARIETY, PACKAGING, STORE LOCATION, QUALITY OF SERVICE and TASTE. Reminder, this is my own REVIEW. I have my own TASTE and PREFERENCE. I need your thoughts and your own review.

1. J.CO DONUTS

PRICE: P42 (piece); P252 (half dozen); P380 (1 dozen); P595 (2 dozens)
                     3 STARS

VARIETY: 4 STARS 

STORE LOCATIONS: 3 STARS 

PACKAGING: 3 STARS

SERVICE: 3 STARS

TASTE: 4 STARS


2. KRISPY KREME DONUTS

PRICE: P46/piece for special flavor and 36/piece for original glace; 
                   P 390 (dozen of assorted), P325 (dozen of original glace)
                    2 STARS

VARIETY: 3 STARS 

STORE LOCATIONS: 4 STARS

PACKAGING: 4 STARS

SERVICE: 4 STARS

TASTE: 3 STARS




3. GONUTS DONUTS

PRICE: 4 STARS

VARIETY:  3 STARS

STORE LOCATIONS: 4 STARS

PACKAGING: 3 STARS

SERVICE:  3 STARS

TASTE:  2 STARS

How about you? How will you rate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment