Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Road to Majayjay: Another Refreshing Journey

It is always an exciting journey for me to a place 
that I never visited before. 
It was one Sunday before lunch when I headed towards the town proper of MAJAYJAY in the province of LAGUNA. 

It was actually my second time in MAJAYJAY. The first time was only limited to TAYTAY FALLS in Barangay Gagalot. This time would be concentrated in the MAJAYJAY town proper. There was very limited blog about the town proper of MAJAYJAY. That puzzled me a lot. The trip was an opportunity for me to find out.

From LUCENA DIVERION ROAD, I took a JEEPNEY bound for LUCBAN. The travel time was about an hour for 30 pesos fare. I enjoy traveling using the public utility vehicle so that I could feel more about the place. The fresh cold air touching my face while traveling from LUCENA CITY passing-by TAYABAS CITY towards LUCBAN is the main reason why I traveled a lot out of Metro Manila every weekend, during holidays and when there are opportunities to do so.

Then from LUCBAN, another JEEPNEY ride bound for MAJAYJAY. The travel time was also about an hour for 21 pesos fare. Along the way, the trip will pass-by BARANGAY GAGALOT (way going to the TAYTAY FALLS) and COSTALES NATURE FARM. Upon reaching the town proper, I alighted infront of the MAJAYJAY church. 

After taking numerous pictures of the church at different angles I continuously explored the MAJAYJAY town proper. My only picture was courtesy of a little boy who was inside the church compound during that time.

Enjoy the pictures of the LUCBAN CHURCH or THE ST. GREGORY THE GREAT PARISH.

the church marker
the facade of the old church



the main door of the church


my only picture infront of the church, courtesy of a little boy

the right side view of the church


the door at the side of the church
the gate at the side of the church
a view of a mountain outside the church

a statue outside the church but the inscription is unreadable


After taking plenty of pictures of the church, I roamed around to look for a place where I can satisfy my hunger and thirst because it was already 1PM.  There were very limited stores or places where to have lunch or meal or maybe I was just not able to explore more. I went back to a place that I spotted along the way before I alighted from the jeepney.

Since there was no security guard or any individual manning the gate, I walked inside enjoying the fresh cold air despite being a sunny day.

As I continued walking, I couldn't see any sign of life inside the compound of that resort...only trees and grasses are alive at that point, swaying branches and leaves dancing in the fresh cold air as if welcoming me or telling me to go away...I couldn't understand the messages and signs being conveyed by the enchanting environment to me maybe because I was too hungry and thirsty at that time!


As I continuously walking forward, I heard some dogs barking but still there was no sign of human life. The dogs might be looking for something to eat for lunch or if there were human beings inside I might also be charged of trespassing for going inside without proper authority.


So I decided to go back...



After a long walk, I spotted a canteen near the church where I started my journey. I entered the small restaurant and looked around. The middle-aged lady asked me "Sir, gusto nyo ng ginataang kalabaw?" I smiled and said "sige po, hindi ko pa po natitikman ang ginataang kalabaw. Masubukan nga." The place looks clean, presentable and the people are very accommodating. 

The saucer of "GINATAANG KALABAW"...

Then I ordered one cup of rice. It was nicely served in banana leaves.



Then the bowl of free soup was also served.


A glass of BUKO JUICE to complete the meal.

After consuming the rice, "ginataang kalabaw" and glass of buko juice. I asked "magkano po", she replied "70 pesos po lahat, 50 ang ginataang kalabaw, 10 ang kanin at 10 ang buko juice." In fairness, it was a delicious and satisfying lunch, my first meal in MAJAYJAY and hopefully not the last.

Then I inquired, "anong oras po ang last trip ng JEEP byaheng MAJAYJAY to LUCBAN". She replied, " 6pm po sir." I replied "Salamat po."

Then I proceeded to the TERMINAL with jeepney bound for LUCBAN. The road connecting MAJAYJAY and LUCBAN is a ZIGZAG ROAD, just like "BITUKANG MANOK" in ATIMONAN, QUEZON PROVINCE.

Although it was not a satisfying journey because of the very limited time that I have, it was still a worthwhile journey since I am now at least aware what MAJAYJAY is all about.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF MAJAYJAY:

1. RA 9211 should be strictly implemented within MAJAYJAY. NO SMOKING in public places should be properly enforced by PNP personnel. MINORS should not be allowed to smoke. STORES should not be selling cigarettes to minors. 

2. FOOD SHOPS should be monitored by the MUNICIPAL SANITARY OFFICE. 

3. ASTRAY ANIMALS should be banned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment