Saturday, February 21, 2015

TAK3N - MY REVIEW

The ORIGINAL is ALWAYS the BEST.



Last night, I was able to finally complete the TAKEN movie series.

My conclusion, the order of the SEQUEL is also the order of how I rated the movies in terms of EXCITEMENT, SUSPENSE, ACTION SCENES and all other ingredients of my reviews of best movies.

I really love movies. During my college days at the UNIVERSITY OF NUEVA CACERES while taking up an ENGINEERING COURSE, it was my routine to watch movies whenever I had extra money and vacant time. During those days, there were plenty of MOVIEHOUSES in Naga City majority of which owned by the BICHARA FAMILY. But at present, I think only SM CINEMAS in Naga City are offering movies. When I became a PMA cadet, I still regularly watched movies almost every weekend starting from sophomore (YEARLING YEAR) to SENIOR YEAR (FIRST CLASS YEAR).

YES, MOST OF THE TIME I WATCHED MOVIE ALONE! There were also instances that I watched more than one movie in a day, the most number of movies I watched in a day is 4. Obviously, I love movies because it does not only entertain me but it also broaden my perspective in life since in watching movies you are entering the minds and hearts of other persons and living within their worlds, just like in reading books.

Prior to watching the TAKEN 3 last night, I was very excited to see the movie since I really loved the first two parts, TAKEN 1 and TAKEN 2.

So I persistently went to the Mall of Asia and included in my daily schedule to watch TAKEN 3 instead of watching the GAME 4 of the PBA FINALS between SAN MIGUEL BEERMEN and ALASKA ACES.

Before going to the cinema, I was looking for things that I needed in my newly awarded billeting facilities. So I came in for last full show at the PREMIER CINEMA of the MALL of ASIA. After purchasing the ticket, I was wondering why there were many people in front of the said cinema. I found out that there are familiar faces who watched an organized SHOW of TAKEN 3 prior to last full show. I think it was intended for a certain ROTARY CLUB. I immediately recognized actor RICKY DAVAO among the crowd. Some of the moviegoers were having pictures with him. It
took several minutes for me  to recognize actress GLAIZA DE CASTRO.

While the crowd were busy having their pictures with the famous faces, I bought some snacks and bottled water to fully enjoy the movie. Both my EYES and STOMACH would be full and contented, I presumed. I could still clearly remember that there were times in the past that my "BAON" inside the cinema were healthy foods, ripe banana and buko juice fresh from the 'magbubuko" in the market because the movie houses in NAGA CITY and BAGUIO CITY before were within the vicinity of the public market. But today, popcorn, burger, hotdog sandwich, iced tea and softdrinks are the usual "baon".

When we were already allowed to enter, I went to the comfort room to complete my preparation of an enjoyable evening while others rushed to vacant seats. But there is nothing to hurry because the seats are properly designated indicated in the movie ticket. After completing my routines in watching movies, it is now time to unwind and enjoy what I was waiting for, to TAKE my assigned seat and enjoy TAKEN 3...

It was my first time to see LIAM NEESON in TAKEN 1 in 2008. Due to the impressive acting and the amazing movie (TAKEN 1), I also watch his other films such as THE GREY and UNKNOWN. He is certainly a priced actor.

Going back to TAKEN 3 which is actually the subject of this review. There is one element that certainly put this movie at the bottom of my list compared to the previous 2 series.  I was actually disappointed because from the moment LENORE, the ex-wife of BRYAN MILLS (LIAM NEESON) was murdered in BRYAN'S apartment, I already knew that it was STUART (the new husband of LENORE) who is behind the murder. The scene wherein STUART confronted BRYAN about their closeness and impending intimate relationship of the estranged couple, it was leading to the conclusion that there is something behind the behavior of STUART. Then during the moment when LENORE was murdered, STUART was actually shown walking away briskly near BRYAN'S apartment. After that, the movie was very predictable and boring. And the ending does not have a BIG impact. That's my take. Other people certainly have other opinions and appreciations.

Although, the actions scenes are still amazing. The effects are still superb, it was the plot and the flow of the whole movie that put it in pale comparison with the first 2 parts.

In terms of acting, LIAM NEESON still did an outstanding job. MAGGIE GRACE (KIM) is very beautiful and performed well. FAMKE JANSSEN (LENORE) had a very short exposure in part 3 as compared to the first 2 parts especially in part 2 whom she had lengthy role. But she also delivered a good acting performance.

If in TAKEN 1, the daughter (KIM) was the one taken and in TAKEN 2, it was the ex-wife (LENORE). In TAKEN 3, it was BRYAN himself who was TAKEN. He was framed-up in the murder of LENORE, he was arrested but using all his skills as an ex-CIA agent, he freed himself both PHYSICALLY and from the LIABILITY in the murder of LENORE.

How about you, what's your take?



TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment