Thursday, February 19, 2015

LAGUNA IN THE EYES AND TASTE BUDS OF AN INDONESIAN

It is always an exciting JOURNEY towards the HOME of our NATIONAL HERO...especially when I have the rare opportunity to introduce JOSE RIZAL (and his gargantuan contributions) to the personalities from other countries...

It was in 2012 when I was given the great privilege to accompany our student from INDONESIA to serve as his tour guide to the different significant landmarks in our country...

One of our destinations during the first day was the RIZAL SHRINE in CALAMBA CITY ...

He was quite during the entire tour but very appreciative as reflected in his gestures. He was quite maybe because I am more senior than him and also, he was my student. He was very thankful because of the hospitality being provided to him...

I treated him to a hearty lunch with "BULALO" and 'BUKO JUICE" in a restaurant somewhere in PAGSANJAN...

Then we went on a road trip exploring the municipalities and cities of Laguna. The trip ended in a HOT SPRING for him to enjoy and relax after a substantial but tiring JOURNEY...

It was indeed a remarkable day for both of us. For him, to be able to explore some beautiful and interesting places in our country. For me, to be able to introduce him to our wonderful country.

After the series of tour, he handed me a "BATIK", a souvenir according to him. He said "TERIMA KASIH, Sir!". A gift and courtesy that I will treasure forever...


Together with our INDONESIAN student
at the RIZAL SHRINE




Hopefully, I will be able to visit the WORLD'S LARGEST ARCHIPELAGO along my JOURNEY in LIFE...

No comments:

Post a Comment